UPHA — Ukrainian Photographic Alternative is a small independent
group created to help and support development of contemporary ukrainian photography.
Our main goals are organizing and carrying solo and group exhibitions, providing help and holding educational programs along with integrating and expanding emerging ukrainian photography further.
UPHA is similar to a liveform structure and in order to evolve every member should produce content. It is unacceptable for us to invite a person with award-winning works who is doing no project work..
What can be counted as a project?
1. Curatorial project. Involves concept of exhibiton of existing photos or photos made by an assignment. Project is submited with a detailed description along with a list of involved authors.
2. Personal project. Photoseries that are ready for a showcase. Project is submited with a detailed description.
3. Representative project is about taking part in national and international exhibitions and contests that a held not by UPHA (annual exhibitions of NSPAU, FIAP and other amateur hour performances do not count). It is highly recommended to enroll as a UPHA member.
4. Publishing a book, magazine, album etc will make a publishing project.
5. Educational project involves lections, workshops and long- and short term educational programs.
6. Art criticism and art research project – essay, article, book on relevant topics.
7. Managerial project – providing curators, gallerists, art buyers and collectors involvement and communication.
8. Financial project is about finding sponsorships, partnerships and scholarships / residencies.
Dmitry Shovkoplyas: firstname.lastname@example.org
Misha Pedan: email@example.com;
Alexander Lyapin: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Kiev, Khmelnytsky, Vinnitsa, Zhitomir, Chernigov, Cherkassy, Kirovograd, Poltava, Sumy).
(Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk, Donetsk, Zaporozhye, Lugansk, Odessa, Nikolaev, Kherson, AR Krym).
(Lviv, Ternopil, Ivano-Frankyvsk, Chernyvtsi, Rivne, Zakarpattya).